If you answer yes to all of the following questions, you may apply for the Homestead Exemption program for Tax Year 2022:
- Did you own and occupy the homestead as the applicant’s domicile on January 1, 2022?
- Are you at least 65 years of age or will reach age 65 during calendar year 2022?
- Are you certified totally and permanently disabled as of January 1, 2022, regardless of age?
- Are you a surviving spouse of a qualified homeowner who was receiving the Homestead Exemption at the time of death, and who was at least 59 years of age on the date of their spouse’s death?
- For calendar year 2021, was your income $34,600 or less as stated on your Ohio Income Tax Return (Line 3)? (Includes both the applicant and the applicant’s spouse’s combined incomes).