About Adult Protective Services
Adults are sometimes in danger of harm, unable to protect themselves, and have no one else to assist them. We reduce or remedy conditions causing endangerment to adults, maximizing the adult's independence and self-direction, and preventing unnecessary institutionalization. All reported cases of abuse of adults over the age of 60 are confidential. They are investigated and reviewed. Adults are offered support for protection and self-sufficiency, such as homemaker and case management services when funding is available.
Identifying & Reporting Abuse
Types of abuse include:
- Physical - pushing, hitting, or other physical harm
- Sexual - rape or other unwanted sexual contact, or forced or coerced nudity
- Emotional - psychological hurt, humiliation, intimidation or threats
- Exploitation - unlawful or improper act of a caretaker using an adult or their resources for monetary or personal gain
To report adult abuse or neglect, call 330-884-6952 / 330-884-6931.
After 4 p.m. and on weekends, please call the Help Hotline at 330-747-2696.
Homemaker services are available to help with cleaning (dusting, vacuuming and damp mopping), laundry and grocery shopping. These services are available to those who are:
- Over the age of 60
- Unable to perform daily tasks and have no one to assist them
These services are available so that seniors can avoid institutionalization and live in their own home.
For more information call, 330-740-2600 extension 8633.